Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolando Isidoro <ri...@netcabo.pt> on 2005/01/31 15:59:15 UTC

Howto get dinamic OAI content in a Lenya document?

I've been working in a webpage using Lenya for sometime and got stuck with a
problem I can't seem to solve. I need to connect an OAI compliant tool with
the CMS, my objective would be to collect data harvested from an OAI
repository and show it in the Lenya webpage. The harvesting of the data in
done using HTTP requests which are returned in XML. How can I process that
data using a XSL document and show it under a Lenya document?

Rolando

RE: Howto get dinamic OAI content in a Lenya document?

Posted by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt>.
Hi, thanks for the tip, I'm having some trouble in implementing it. Since
the OAI harvested data is requested through HTTP with a url similar to
http://fictitious.example/OAI-Server.php?verb=ListRecords and returned in
XML format I'm having a hard time to fetch it into a pipeline. In such an
example how can I do a matching of this link and later transform it using
one XSL document?

Rolando

i would suggest to create a seperate pipeline to fetch your OAI data
(with the proxy generator), and then use xinclude in your document to
get it: <xi:include src="cocoon:/myoaipipeline/document.xml"/>

you'll also have to add the xinclude transform step to the pipeline that
renders your page

Re: Howto get dinamic OAI content in a Lenya document?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com