Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk> on 2006/12/21 15:03:18 UTC

[Axis2] fireAndForget and thread usage

Hi all,

I'm running a state full web service running inside tomcat. From the
http://host:port/manager/status web page I see the http connector is
using over 100 threads (about 110 threads are marked as busy), but they
are all labeled as R (ready) or K (keep alive).

The web service simply uses fireAndForget invocations to forward
requests to other nodes and sends results to client (which are waiting
for an asynchronous response) again using fireAndForget.

Now the arrival rate is about 2 requests/sec. (on average), but
everything should be quite fast (forward requests and send results).
Is there any reason for all these threads?

Thanks in advance,
Michele

Re: [Axis2] fireAndForget and thread usage

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Hi again,

some more details. It looks like it's the client (which uses a
sendReceiveNonBlocking() which causes a lot (but not all) of thread
usage on the server side.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance,
Michele