Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Mike McKee <mm...@connx.com> on 2008/07/23 21:51:16 UTC

KEEPALIVE and 100-CONTINUE (Having Problems with Microsoft Client)

Does AXIS2C support KEEPALIVE and 100-Continue? In looking at the code,
it looks like it says it supports KEEPALIVE, yet it still CLOSES the
connection after it has responded. Is this appropriate?

Regarding 100-continue, MICROSOFT Clients are using this frequently when
I talk to a web service deployed on AXIS2C. It seems like there are
times when 2 messages are sent on one session, and a PROTOCOL violation
is thrown by MICROSOFT. In looking at TCPMON, this looks like a timing
thing, as most web services have a request/reply, but in the case where
I got the protocol error it looks like 2 requests (separated by a
100-Continue) was a key difference.

Any thoughts?

Re: KEEPALIVE and 100-CONTINUE (Having Problems with Microsoft Client)

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 12:51 -0700, Mike McKee wrote:
> Does AXIS2C support KEEPALIVE and 100-Continue? In looking at the
> code, it looks like it says it supports KEEPALIVE, yet it still CLOSES
> the connection after it has responded. Is this appropriate?
>
> Regarding 100-continue, MICROSOFT Clients are using this frequently
> when I talk to a web service deployed on AXIS2C. It seems like there
> are times when 2 messages are sent on one session, and a PROTOCOL
> violation is thrown by MICROSOFT. In looking at TCPMON, this looks
> like a timing thing, as most web services have a request/reply, but in
> the case where I got the protocol error it looks like 2 requests
> (separated by a 100-Continue) was a key difference.

> Any thoughts?

Are you using Axis2/C with Apache2 ? If yes I think keep-alive  and
100-continue are possible.

Thanks,
-Manjula