Posted to user@poi.apache.org by gopal d <go...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/26 16:44:38 UTC

Excel protection.

Hi

I have an issue with excel protection.

When I protect excel sheet, it is not allowing to increase the width of
columns irrespective of cell style i.e. locked or editable.

does POI provides support for custom protection settings i.e. locked cells
can be selected and corresponding columns can be formatted i.e. width can be
increased or decreased.

Thanks,
Gopal.

Re: Excel protection.

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
No, I do not believe that it does. I could well be wrong but I believe POI
does not offer the fine grained control over cell/sheet protection that
Excel does, particularly that Excel 2007 does. If you search back through
the messages in the list, I am confident that this issue has been addressed
before but cannot remember exactly when, sorry.

Yours

Mark B