Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rafael Taboada <ka...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/14 04:37:09 UTC

jsessionid

Hi folks...

Why does jsessionid appears in my application when I login???... Where can I
disable this??

Thanks in advance

--
Rafael Taboada
Software Engineer

Cell : +511-97753290

"No creo en el destino pues no me gusta tener la idea de controlar mi vida"

Re: [OT] jsessionid

Posted by Marcelo Morales <ma...@redcetus.com>.
Helo

There are three main methods for maintaing the session in HTTP
(according to the java servlets standard): cookies, ssl session and
URL rewriting. The jsessionid parameter is just a way of ensuring the
session when the servlet container has yet to find out if the user
agent will accept the cookie (which is the main mechanism). You
should see jsessionid in each request if you configure your user
agent to reject cookies.

This is a Servlet or HTTP issue, so i put a OT in the subject line

Re: jsessionid

Posted by Pieter Pareit <pp...@gmail.com>.
Rafael,

This is standard in a Java web application.  This is used to set a cookie,
to activate the session.  Next time the user clicks on a page the session
cookie is send in the header so the server know which session belong to that
user.

Pieter

Re: jsessionid