Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2009/04/21 09:34:39 UTC

JIRA versions

Hi,

I had the intent of helping to go through the open JIRA issues and try
and figure out what is still relevant, etc. as much as possible.
Looking in there, I saw 1.3.x (empty), 1.x (empty), 2.0 (only 5
issues), Future (300 issues), and continuum-netbeans-plugin-1.0
(sandbox, 1 issue which was the import).

- I deleted the netbeans plugin version (we can create a jira project
when it graduates the sandbox)
- I removed 1.3.x, assuming that all known issues before GA go into
1.3.3 and we create versions if we have more releases
- I merged 2.0, Future and 1.x together - unfortunately JIRA did
something weird and moved all the future ones to "unscheduled" - and I
can no longer tell them apart. So now I'm going to have to go through
all 410... :)

I'll slowly start to plow through the unscheduled bucket :) I'm hoping
we can kill 50 or more that are duplicates/fixed/etc. and get back to
a small unscheduled bucket we can be responsive to.

Expect lots of mail :)

As for 1.2.4 - did we come to the conclusion of whether that is ever
going to be released? Bear in mind 1.3.3 now upgrades cleanly from 1.2
without a backup/restore cycle.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
VP Product Development, MaestroDev | bporter@g2ix.com | www.g2ix.com |

Re: JIRA versions

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 21/04/2009, at 5:34 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>  I'll slowly start to plow through the unscheduled bucket :) I'm hoping we
>> can kill 50 or more that are duplicates/fixed/etc. and get back to a small
>> unscheduled bucket we can be responsive to.
>>

> So far, I've already killed about 80. I'm halfway through. The ones I've
> closed, I haven't done a lot to link them to when they were fixed (they may
> be dupes, or stuff might have been done without issues - eitehr way I didn't
> want to modify historical release notes). Some things that have just not had
> interest got closed as well.
>
> Basic approach to scheduling:
> - if it blocks a 1.3 GA, or is some reasonable flaw in new functionality,
> or a regression, it's in 1.3.3 (that might be split into another beta
> release though)
> - if it's something that looks like the very near term or has patches, into
> 1.4.0 or 1.4.x
> - everything else into 1.x that is still relevant
>
> Hope this is ok... sorry about all the mail :)

It is ok, thanks

Emmanuel

Re: JIRA versions

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: JIRA versions

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
I don't think we need to release a new 1.2
Emmanuel

Re: JIRA versions

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 22/04/2009, at 12:02 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> ok, unless anyone volunteers to do 1.2.4 in the next day or so, I'll
> roll the 1.2.4 issues (including fixed) into 1.3.3 and delete the
> 1.2.x branch in SVN (can go back to the tag if needed).

This is done. I don't think this would be my preference in future
since 1.2 is still the GA release, but it's a reversible action (check
the issues@ archive for 7 issues that were changed to 1.3.x, or we
could go back to 1.2.3 for maintenance) if we do need a quick release.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: JIRA versions

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 22/04/2009, at 11:54 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> As for 1.2.4 - did we come to the conclusion of whether that is
>> ever going
>> to be released? Bear in mind 1.3.3 now upgrades cleanly from 1.2
>> without a
>> backup/restore cycle.
>
> It does?  What issue fixed it?

2147

>  (The docs need to be updated.)

will do

Re: JIRA versions

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> As for 1.2.4 - did we come to the conclusion of whether that is ever going
> to be released? Bear in mind 1.3.3 now upgrades cleanly from 1.2 without a
> backup/restore cycle.

It does?  What issue fixed it?  (The docs need to be updated.)