Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Jar Lyons <jl...@bluescooter.com> on 2002/01/15 20:27:28 UTC

Suspendable interface question

I have a serious interest in using the 'suspend()' method in the
interface:

org.apache.avalon.framework.activity.Suspendable

Can anyone summarize the current list  of choices for how to trigger
this method?

My trigger needs to be external to the JVM ... most likely a system
operator
initiated event (e.g. operator runs a shell script, jvm, ... that
connects to
my jvm and triggers (jmx ?) the suspend() method)

Of course the next step is to do the same with the 'resume()' method ...

Thanks for any help.

Jar Lyons

Re: Suspendable interface question

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 06:27, Jar Lyons wrote:
> I have a serious interest in using the 'suspend()' method in the
> interface:
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.activity.Suspendable
>
> Can anyone summarize the current list  of choices for how to trigger
> this method?
>
> My trigger needs to be external to the JVM ... most likely a system
> operator
> initiated event (e.g. operator runs a shell script, jvm, ... that
> connects to
> my jvm and triggers (jmx ?) the suspend() method)
>
> Of course the next step is to do the same with the 'resume()' method ...

Im not sure in which context you are talking about.  Phoenix doesn't support
suspend at this stage and nor does the ECM I believe. If you are writing your
own container then you can support it in whatever fashion you want ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete