Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Madhu Gmail <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/16 23:16:47 UTC

Max events per RPC call from across sink to Avro source

Hello,

I have flume agent configuration with sink batch size as 900.

Also I have another  flume agent working as collector.

Even though I have 900 as batch-size on agent sink,  I can only see 100 event batch when the sink gets the data from file channel and sends it to collector.

I also see below comment in the code where it says max is 100 per RPC call

* <td>The maximum number of events to send per RPC.</td>
* <td>events (int)</td>
* <td>100</td>

Madhu  Munagala
(214)679-2872

Re: Max events per RPC call from across sink to Avro source

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
> Only for Avro sink,  it should be batch-size.  But every where else it is  batchSize.

Hmm, indeed. I filed a jira in your behalf (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-2006) , we're happy to fix this small issue.

- Alex

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: Max events per RPC call from across sink to Avro source

Posted by Madhu Gmail <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Neal <cw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Madhu Gmail <ma...@gmail.com>.
May be it is taking the default batch size of 100 instead of 900 what I have for Avro sink.

Any  clue why it is not taking 900 as batch size ?

Thanks

Madhu