Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net> on 2007/05/25 12:59:22 UTC

Re: Axis2 1.2 sanity check: Can generated POJO service/client handle 0-length array?

Am Freitag, den 25.05.2007, 12:31 +0200 schrieb Jarek Kucypera:

> Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
>
> > I haven't tried out the Axis2 POJO support, but in general anything
> > you do using POJOs directly is going to be both inflexible and very
> > limited in terms of the XML support.
>
> With all respect, xml here is the tool, not the purpose. I would like to
> expose my serwice without any knowlege of wsdl and xml and focus just on
> the bussiness logic, even for the price of not utilizng all the features
> of xml. Even with axis2 1.2 it's hardly possible.

I believe that's called "contract last" development--Sun/NetBeans
(JAX-WS and JAXB) has an excellent implementation in that regard, just
by using annotations you can specify which methods are to become web
services.  This philosophy may be better suited for you.  Here are links
I collected:

http://www.jroller.com/page/gmazza?entry=web_services_using_glassfish_and
http://www.jroller.com/page/gmazza?entry=sun_resources_on_jax_ws

Stay away from Spring-WS, however, they're very much contract-first:
http://static.springframework.org/spring-ws/site/reference/html/why-contract-first.html

Glen

Client stubs

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi all,

    I noticed this in one of my generated client stubs:

   public void Service_546F48A04E5(long Id) throws
java.rmi.RemoteException {
        if (super.cachedEndpoint == null) {
            throw new org.apache.axis.NoEndPointException();
        }
        org.apache.axis.client.Call _call = createCall();
        _call.setOperation(_operations[2]);
        _call.setUseSOAPAction(true);
        _call.setSOAPActionURI("");

_call.setSOAPVersion(org.apache.axis.soap.SOAPConstants.SOAP11_CONSTANTS);
        _call.setOperationName(new
javax.xml.namespace.QName("http://soapobject.org",
"Service_1_0_1_0_a546f48a04e5"));

Why is the name of the service in uppercase but the QName string service
name in lower case ? This causes
some issues at execution time. Any ideas ? The WSDL has the service name
in lower case.

Thanks much

Re: Axis2 1.2 sanity check: Can generated POJO service/client handle 0-length array?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Jarek,

Could you please upload your patch for the RPCMessageReceiver for AXIS2-1754?

thanks,
dims

Posted by Jarek Kucypera <jk...@mikrozet.wroc.pl>.

Posted by Jarek Kucypera <jk...@mikrozet.wroc.pl>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> When you get a chance, please let us know what breaks or does not work
> via JIRA.

Sure, in a week or two I plan to have it analysed.

J.K.

Re: Axis2 1.2 sanity check: Can generated POJO service/client handle 0-length array?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Jarek,

Posted by Jarek Kucypera <jk...@mikrozet.wroc.pl>.