Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com> on 2020/05/04 22:33:08 UTC

[Proposal] Apache Beam Fn API - Histogram Style Metrics (Correct link this time)

Hello,

I have created a proposal for Apache Beam FN API to support Histogram Style
Metrics
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kiNG2BAR-51pRdBCK4-XFmc0WuIkSuBzeb__Zv8owbU/edit#>.
Which defines a method to collect Histogram style metrics and pass them
over the FN API.

I would love to hear your feedback in order to improve this
proposal, please let me know what you think. Thanks for taking a look :)
Alex

Re: [Proposal] Apache Beam Fn API - Histogram Style Metrics (Correct link this time)

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.
Thanks for the heads up. Though sketches have their advantages, I agree
that it makes sense to stick with bucket counts in the short term for
simplicity and revisit this later.

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.