Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2012/08/27 00:58:21 UTC

Tagging 7.0.30

Hi,

I have all the open bugs fixed for 7.0.x with the exception of BZ53469
that is pending input from the Servlet EG before a final fix (if any) is
applied.

I have a few other bits and pieces I want to do before I tag 7.0.30 but
(assuming no more bugs are opened) I anticipate tagging in the next few
days. If you have anything you would like to see in 7.0.30 now is the
time to commit :)

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Tagging 7.0.30

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/09/2012 09:29, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 31/08/2012 23:06, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 31/08/2012 17:06, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>> I am seeing a repeatable failure of a Comet test (stop
>>> connector) with APR on Linux. I want to take a look at this before
>>> tagging 7.0.30.
>>
>> Unit tests now passing consistently on my local Linux and Windows
>> systems (as well as buildbot).
>>
>> I am running the TCKs now. If they pass, I'll tag current tc7.0.x/trunk
>> as 7.0.30.
>
> I am seeing some EL related failures in the JSP TCK. I haven't had a
> chance to look at the root cause yet.

Fixed and unit tests and TCKs all pass. Tagging shortly.

Mark

Re: Tagging 7.0.30

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Tagging 7.0.30

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Tagging 7.0.30

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 31/08/2012 00:05, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 28/08/2012 02:24, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> 2012/8/27 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have all the open bugs fixed for 7.0.x with the exception of BZ53469
>>> that is pending input from the Servlet EG before a final fix (if any) is
>>> applied.
>>>
>>> I have a few other bits and pieces I want to do before I tag 7.0.30 but
>>> (assuming no more bugs are opened) I anticipate tagging in the next few
>>> days. If you have anything you would like to see in 7.0.30 now is the
>>> time to commit :)
>>>

>> FYI: All the unit tests do pass for current 7.0 (@ r1377910),
>>
>> except one memory leak protection test that failed once (it
>> happens/expected, nothing new here),
>> TestWebappClassLoaderExecutorMemoryLeak#testTimerThreadLeak
>>
>> Tested BIOxNIOxAPR (native 1.1.24) with JDK 6u34 32-bit on WinXP
>
> Thanks for that confirmation.
>
> I believe we are now good to tag 7.0.30. I'll run the TCKs before I tag.

Or maybe not. I am seeing a repeatable failure of a Comet test (stop

Re: Tagging 7.0.30

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Tagging 7.0.30

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2012/8/27 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
> Hi,
>
> I have all the open bugs fixed for 7.0.x with the exception of BZ53469
> that is pending input from the Servlet EG before a final fix (if any) is
> applied.
>
> I have a few other bits and pieces I want to do before I tag 7.0.30 but
> (assuming no more bugs are opened) I anticipate tagging in the next few
> days. If you have anything you would like to see in 7.0.30 now is the
> time to commit :)

FYI: All the unit tests do pass for current 7.0 (@ r1377910),

except one memory leak protection test that failed once (it
happens/expected, nothing new here),
TestWebappClassLoaderExecutorMemoryLeak#testTimerThreadLeak

Tested BIOxNIOxAPR (native 1.1.24) with JDK 6u34 32-bit on WinXP

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: Tagging 7.0.30

Posted by Ralph Plawetzki <ra...@purejava.org>.
Dear Mark,

would you mind to take a look at BZ51496?
As you pointed out your focus is to get open bugs fixed for 7.0.30.

Well, this is not a bug, but an enhancement and to be honest I don’t
know if it is planned to consider enhancements for minor releases as
well. I proposed a patch.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ralph