Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeffrey Winter <je...@attbi.com> on 2003/01/10 18:32:47 UTC

Windows Service

Sorry about this question that has apparently been asked and answered
innumerable times, but:

I'd like to run Tomcat as a Windows 2000 service.  Searching, I see
there is a utility "jk_nt_service.exe" that is available, but I can't
seem to locate the version that is appropriate for Tomcat 4.0.x.

Could somebody please do me the favor of pointing me to where this
utility is located!

- Thanks

Re: Windows Service

Posted by David Boyer <da...@bvu.edu>.
I believe there is a tomcat.exe in the /bin folder of the Tomcat 4
distribution for the purpose you mention.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Windows Service

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hello Jeffrey,

See:
http://www.mattkelli.com/tech/tomcat/ntservice.htm

Jake

JW> Sorry about this question that has apparently been asked and answered
JW> innumerable times, but:

JW> I'd like to run Tomcat as a Windows 2000 service.  Searching, I see
JW> there is a utility "jk_nt_service.exe" that is available, but I can't
JW> seem to locate the version that is appropriate for Tomcat 4.0.x.

JW> Could somebody please do me the favor of pointing me to where this
JW> utility is located!

JW> - Thanks

JW> --

Best regards,

Re: Windows Service

Posted by Jeffrey Winter <je...@attbi.com>.
> There is an option in the Tomcat installer to install Tomcat as a service
on
> Windows.
>
> Jim

Ah yes, thanks. I see now that the lastest 4.1 has it as part of the
install.  I'm
just going to upgrade my installation.

Sorry!

RE: Windows Service