Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Abhishek Ubhe <ab...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/17 05:32:22 UTC

JVM pause on Ignite kernal

Hello,

Getting below log often times on a ignite node which runs as a microservice
deployed on Kubernetes pod.

*org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal - Possible too long JVM pause: 803
milliseconds.*

   - I need to know when this log was printed and why?
   - What should I do to avoid it?
   - How monitor these nodes/ services to prevent JVM pause for future?

--
*Regards,*
*Abhishek Ubhe*

Re: JVM pause on Ignite kernal

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
It means that no Ignite code is being executed for that time. It’s not possible to say exactly why this was the case, but the most common cause is incorrect Java garbage collection configuration. See the documentation for more details: https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/perf-and-troubleshooting/memory-tuning

Regards,
Stephen