Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org> on 2020/03/10 20:22:58 UTC

Rerouting netbeans.org to netbeans.apache.org

Hi all,

We've been pinged by INFRA for our status on this:

To me, everything except plugins.netbeans.org, hg.netbeans.org, and
bits.netbeans.org should be routed to netbeans.apache.org -- is that
correct or not?

I.e., when I go to netbeans.org, I should automatically be on
netbeans.apache.org instead. Some of the pages, e.g., download pages and
documentation pages, should go to equivalents on netbeans.apache.org,
though anything else should default to netbeans.apache.org.

Any ideas, additions, to the above?

Gj

Re: Rerouting netbeans.org to netbeans.apache.org

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.

El 10/3/20 a las 21:22, Geertjan Wielenga escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> We've been pinged by INFRA for our status on this:

> To me, everything except plugins.netbeans.org, hg.netbeans.org, and
> bits.netbeans.org should be routed to netbeans.apache.org -- is that
> correct or not?

I think so, because:

- plugins.netbeans.org is currently being used, I think.
- hg.netbeans.org (what's this used for?)
- bits.netbeans.org (we already serve bits.netbeans.org/javadoc from our
netbeans-vm).

Out of curiosity I extracted all links from our website pointing to
netbeans.org domain, [1] lists all subdomains we're pointing to.

> I.e., when I go to netbeans.org, I should automatically be on
> netbeans.apache.org instead. Some of the pages, e.g., download pages and
> documentation pages, should go to equivalents on netbeans.apache.org,
> though anything else should default to netbeans.apache.org.

Note that we'll lose the download pages (and binaries) for NetBeans 8,
7, 6, 5, etc. We could upload them to OSOUL, though.

> Any ideas, additions, to the above?
>
> Gj

[1]

Some NetBeans subdomains we still point to from our website

apisupport.netbeans.org
bits.netbeans.org
deadlock.netbeans.org
dot.netbeans.org:8080