Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by hari ks <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/18 12:20:40 UTC

The way I found to debug tapestry source..

Hi,

1.First of all I downloaded tapestry-src-5.0.18.zip.
2. did a "mvn install" after commenting out all testng.xml , and copying pom.xml to project root.
3. Created a dummy tapestry project in eclipse that was working with tapestry binaries.
4. copied all jars from <user_home>/.m2/repository and created a eclipse user library containing all jars except those whose name starts with tapestry*.
5. copied the entire maven compiled directory structure into dummy project location, and added all the src/main/java and src/main/resources into sourcepath of project.
6. removed tapestry binaries from build path
7. set the break point in TapestryFilter.doFilter, and did start project using run-jetty-run , and did the step into to  OperationTrackingObjectCreator etc..

Is there any use of doing this?

Thanks & Regards,
Hari

Linus Torvald - "C++ sucks"
http://www.stlport.org/resources/StepanovUSA.html - java is MOP.(money oriented programming - http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?MoneyOrientedProgramming)

Re: The way I found to debug tapestry source..

Posted by Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com>.
run mvn  with -DdownloadSources=true