Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by al...@yandex.ru on 2016/03/19 12:35:56 UTC

file

RE: file

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 09:50 19/03/2016 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> From Microsoft Office 2016: "The file format and extension of don't
> match. The file could be corrupted or unsafe. ..." I recommend that
> anyone receiving this message from the list simply delete it and
> its attachment.

This file arrived in an otherwise empty message and with no
explanation. Surely trying to open it in a copy of Microsoft Office
is the least safe thing to do with it?

The first three-quarters of the file (called "Games") consists of a
stream of identical bytes, with at least parts of the rest containing
(parts of?) a Microsoft Excel document file. The user clearly has a
corrupted file, with his or her operating system falsely seeing an
unused area of disk included in the file.

Brian Barker

Re: file

Posted by James Plante <ji...@me.com>.
This is one BIG advantage of AOO: It doesn’t run Word or Excel macros. I clicked, I looked, and the file’s unintelligible. Could be encrypted, but with a “.ru” domain, I wouldn’t take the chance.

RE: file

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.