Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nicholas Calugar <nj...@battlemonkey.net> on 2002/07/21 08:06:32 UTC

Apache 2 and Tomcat 4.0

I am having difficulty connecting Apache 2 and Tomcat 4.0.
Apache complains about the syntax of the configuration file whenever it
sees the WebAppDeploy directive.
The first method I tried was just putting the WebAppDeploy in the main
server configuration.
This resulted in an error on the WebAppDeploy line: Invalid Virtual Host
Name
I read a lot about using a virtual host block so I tried that also.
I again got an error on the WebAppDeploy line: Invalid port number (p<1)
No "Port" statement found.
I checked to make sure the Listen directive was there and it was set to
80 like it should be.
I am at a complete loss of where to go next.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nicholas Calugar
764 5th Ave STE A
San Diego, CA 92101

619.232.3292 (H)
314.477.3556 (M)

njcalugar@battlemonkey.net

Urgent!!Please Help!

Posted by Renato Romano <r....@set-network.com>.
I find several occurrences of the following stackTrace in my
catalina_log_YYYY-MM-DD.txt log file; does someone know what causes it ?
Many Thanks

2002-07-22 12:09:18 HttpProcessor[80][14] process.invoke
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.status(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:291)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
        at
:170)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:
368)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
java:163)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.j
ava:1011)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:
1106)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

____________________________________
Renato Romano
Sistemi e Telematica S.p.A.
Calata Grazie - Vial Al Molo Giano
16127 - GENOVA - ITALY

e-mail: r.romano@set-network.com
Tel.:   +39 10 2712603

Re: Apache 2 and Tomcat 4.0

Posted by Grant Parkinson <gr...@userid0.com>.
I hope the following bits from a working Apache2/Tomcat4 config are helpfull.

  Regards,
    grantp

---
SELL THE HOUSE / SELL THE CAR / SELL THE KIDS / FIND SOMEONE ELSE / FORGET IT /
I'M NEVER COMING BACK / FORGET IT-Kurtz
---

httpd.conf:
Listen 80
LoadModule webapp_module lib/mod_webapp.so
<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@donkeypost.com
        DocumentRoot /appz/www/donkeypost/docs
        ServerName donkeypost.com:80
        WebAppConnection warpConn   warp      localhost:8008
#       WebAppDeploy     ROOT       warpConn  /
#       WebAppDeploy     examples   warpConn  /examples
#       WebAppDeploy     webdav     warpConn  /webdav
#       WebAppInfo                            /webapp-info
        WebAppDeploy     dp         warpConn  /dp
</VirtualHost>

Re: Apache 2 and Tomcat 4.0

Posted by Eddie Bush <ed...@vestus.adabbs.com>.

Re: Apache 2 and Tomcat 4.0

Posted by Chris McCabe <ch...@choicehotels.com>.
This problem will  go away if you add the port to the 'ServerName'
directive in httpd.conf, even if you are using the default port of 80.
 It should look something like:

ServerName www.domain.com:80

--
Chris P. McCabe  - Senior Software Systems Architect
Choice Hotels International - Information Technology