Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Yi-Wen Liu <yi...@usc.edu> on 2015/10/09 23:54:59 UTC

Running UIMA Apps on Hadoop

Hi all,

I am a USC student working on professor Mattmann's project "Integration of
cTAKES/UIMA and Apache Hadoop for the Shangridocs system", the proposal is
attached.
I searched many relevant resources of running UIMA on Hadoop, this is one
of them:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/UIMA/Running+UIMA+Apps+on+Hadoop

but it only provides very general explanations.

Has anybody gone through all the steps and succeeded? Hope you could
provide me some examples. Thanks!

And in the *Important Considerations*,
"1. The jar file created should *shave* all the classes, descriptors of the
UIMA app along with the map/reduce and job main class"

I think you mean "The jar file created should *have* all the classes...".
Is that correct?

Thanks,
Yi-Wen

Re: Running UIMA Apps on Hadoop

Posted by Yi-Wen Liu <yi...@usc.edu>.
Thanks for your reply, I'll take a look at the sample.
It seems like a mixture of both. cTAKES using UIMA as the framework and
cTAKES is inside a MR job.
I found something that might help:
https://github.com/DigitalPebble/behemoth, but
not sure if it is what I need.