Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Xu Haiti <xu...@yahoo.com> on 2013/06/03 09:03:07 UTC

Does libhdfs c/c++ api support read/write compressed file

I have found somebody talks libhdfs does not support read/write gzip file at about 2010.

I download the newest hadoop-2.0.4 and read hdfs.h. There is also no compressing arguments.

Now I am wondering if it supports reading compressed file now?

If it not, how can I make a patch for the libhdfs and make it work?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Haiti

Re: Does libhdfs c/c++ api support read/write compressed file

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Silly question... then what's meant by the native libraries when you talk about compression?

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Xu,

--
Harsh J

Re: Does libhdfs c/c++ api support read/write compressed file

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Xu,

--
Harsh J

Re: Does libhdfs c/c++ api support read/write compressed file

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Xu,

--
Harsh J

Re: Does libhdfs c/c++ api support read/write compressed file

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Xu,

--
Harsh J