Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com> on 2007/09/19 23:37:42 UTC

Struts 2.0.11 Release Notes created

I created the release notes for the Struts 2.0.11 release. I'm not sure I did it correctly though since 2.0.10 never saw the light of day. How do we
handle the scenario where this release is simply fixes to the previous release that had all of the changes in it?

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Release+Notes+2.0.11

James

Re: Struts 2.0.11 Release Notes created

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/9/20, Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>:

> I think just linking to both TODO and DONE pages does help.

I agree, but the JIRA filters should filter 2.0.10 and 2.0.11 tickets.

Antonio

Re: Struts 2.0.11 Release Notes created

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On 9/20/07, Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de> wrote:
> Since there is no official 2.0.10 release, how is this handled within JIRA?

Struts 2.0.0 through 2.0.5 weren't official releases either. These
were all test-builds or distributions, just like 2.0.10. While JIRA
uses the term "release", we read that to mean "tagged build" or
"artifact".

> S2 release notes just link to JIRA for changelog. If they link to 2.0.10, this
> is confusing - if they link to 2.0.11 its wrong as well.

They are really "version notes", and each set of notes can refer to
the tickets that were resolved under that version number. If it helps,
we could just start calling them "version notes" instead.

> Tomcat changelogs include the testbuilds, but they have only one big changelog
> page.

Linking back through the versions notes is how we've always handled
this, and it still works for me.

-Ted.

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.