Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Coder One <co...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/18 00:46:48 UTC

CXF 2.2.5 JBOSS 5.1.0.GA Spring 3.0.0

Is the following combination supported?  I saw some messages flying around about Spring 3.0.x and CXF incompatibility, so just want to be sure.

JBOSS 5.1.0 has that screwy vfszip problem...

CXF 2.2.5 JBOSS 5.1.0.GA Spring 3.0.0

Thanks,

Re: CXF 2.2.5 JBOSS 5.1.0.GA Spring 3.0.0

Posted by Coder One <co...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I was thinking about the problem of running Spring 2.5.6 out of the  box with 5.1.0.  I saw some reports on issue with Spring 3.0.0 M
"xyz" releases but have not checked the 3.0.0 release yet.

It has to do with the loading of Spring context file.  It seems like that there is a workaround / fix already, so I was fishing to see if there were other issues beneath...

Thanks...

> JBOSS 5.1.0 has that screwy vfszip problem...

perhaps I can give a suggestion here... what exact problem are you referring to?
Cheers
Alessio

-- Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: CXF 2.2.5 JBOSS 5.1.0.GA Spring 3.0.0

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: Conduit versus Destination

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@gmail.com>.
Almost right.

Strictly speaking, its not necessarily SOAP that's being sent in the payload
(could for example be plain ol' XML or JSON instead).

Also, for sending responses back from the server side, a back-channel
Conduit[1] is used.

Cheers,
Eoghan

[1]
http://cxf.apache.org/javadoc/latest/org/apache/cxf/transport/Destination.html#getBackChannel(org.apache.cxf.message.Message,%20org.apache.cxf.message.Message,%20org.apache.cxf.ws.addressing.EndpointReferenceType)

Posted by Coder One <co...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Coder One <co...@yahoo.com>.
Excellent news.  Thanks!

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Funny you should bring this up.   I just started running tests with Spring3
today.   The only major issue I found is the JMS transport seems to have some
problems with Spring3.    I fixed that today so 2.2.6 should definitely be OK
with Spring 3.   Other than that, everything else seems to be OK.   We have
two test failures related to Spring Security integration that I haven't looked
into yet, but all the other tests now pass.

There WAS a problem with one of the Spring3 RC's, but they reverted the change
for the release.

Dan

On Thu December 17 2009 6:46:48 pm Coder One wrote:
> Is the following combination supported?  I saw some messages flying around
>  about Spring 3.0.x and CXF incompatibility, so just want to be sure.
>
> JBOSS 5.1.0 has that screwy vfszip problem...
>
> CXF 2.2.5 JBOSS 5.1.0.GA Spring 3.0.0

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog