Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2016/10/28 09:23:45 UTC

[VOTE] Aries JPA 2.5.0

I've staged a release for vote at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-1089

Release Notes - Aries jpa-2.5.0

** Bug
     * [ARIES-1494] - Exception when calling a transactional method
twice from a non transaction method
     * [ARIES-1575] - Aries JPA should use the persistence bundle's
context to obtain the Persistence Provider service
     * [ARIES-1615] - Calling the method createAndCloseDummyEMF() causes
NullPointerException

** Improvement
     * [ARIES-1629] - Remove persistence-api feature from aries jpa
feature repo

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES/fixforversion/12335940

Please review and vote:
   [ ] +1 Release the above artifacts
   [ ] -1 Do not

Here is my +1

Cheers,
Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

[VOTE][RESULT] Aries JPA 2.5.0

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
This vote passes with 4 binding +1 and one non binding +1.

I will deploy the artifacts.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Aries JPA 2.5.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

\u2063\u200b

Re: [VOTE] Aries JPA 2.5.0

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@hotmail.com>.
I'm afraid that I must have missed the initial discussion for doing a new release of Aries JPA, so this is a now a bit late.

While working on my demo for the OSGi community event I discovered a small bug in the Aries JPA container (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1631) I assume that it's now too late to get this fixed?

Regards,

Tim

On 28 Oct 2016, at 14:15, Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

regards
Grzegorz

+1

Dan

On Oct 28, 2016, at 5:23 AM, Christian Schneider <
chris@die-schneider.net<ma...@die-schneider.net>> wrote:

[...]

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org<ma...@apache.org> - http://dankulp.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Aries JPA 2.5.0

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@gmail.com>.
I’m afraid that I must have missed the initial discussion for doing a new release of Aries JPA, so this is a now a bit late.

While working on my demo for the OSGi community event I discovered a small bug in the Aries JPA container (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1631 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1631>) I assume that it’s now too late to get this fixed?

Regards,

Tim

Re: [VOTE] Aries JPA 2.5.0

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Tim,

I just looked into the spec. Am I right that what you propose is to be able
to supply a DataSource instance to the EntityManagerFactoryBuilder?
I agree that we should allow to use the javax.persistence.dataSource
property. As there already is a property for the non jta datasource I think
this can easily be worked around.

So I would not treat this as critical and simply fix it in the next release.

Christian

Re: [VOTE] Aries JPA 2.5.0

Posted by Tim Ward <ti...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Aries JPA 2.5.0