Posted to user@ant.apache.org by shreedhar natarajan <sh...@ami.com> on 2005/12/23 01:05:19 UTC

reg. target dependency

Hi all,

Thanks for ur prompt reply. There was a mention about targets in ANT manual. "It should be noted, however, that Ant's depends attribute only specifies the order in which targets should be executed - it does not affect whether the target that specifies the dependency(s) gets executed if the dependent target(s) did not (need to) run."

if my target A fails, target B wud have to fail if it depends on A. but above statement looks contradictory !!

How does the dependency taken care by "MAKE" is done here in ANT ?

Best rgds
Shreedhar