Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Florin Jurcovici <fl...@mail.dnttm.ro> on 2004/02/01 17:13:11 UTC

Dumb question

Hello.

As an encouragement: we plan to install subversion right after it hits
1.0, instead of CVS.

Now my dumb question: reading through the hacking doc, looking at the
various conventions, it seems to me subversion could've been nicely
written in C++, giving nicer code than plain C. Is it a portability issue
to use plain C, a security issue, or what? AFAIK, gcc supports C++ quite
nicely, providing some C++ wrappers to the libraries on top of which
subversion sits (BDB, APR), I think the project would've been nicer to
read and to implement. Don't you think?

Best regards,

--
Florin Jurcovici