Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by African Wild Dog <pa...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/30 17:07:20 UTC

TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

Hello,

Is there any release notes of the version 8.0.0?

I would like to know what are the compliance with Java EE 8.

Regards

RE: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <fr...@thalesgroup.com>.
Hello,

It should be also relevant to include in the Release notes the MicroProfile specifications that are covered (haven't check if it's already written or not).

Best Regards.

Posted by African Wild Dog <pa...@gmail.com>.

The comparison page <http://tomee.apache.org/tomee-8.0/docs/comparison.html>
is outdated (only the Tomee 7 specs):

*TomEE 7 targets JavaEE 7 and implements these specifications (in
parenthesis the distibution(s) containing it if not part of the basic
packages):*

   -

   *WebSocket JSR 356*
   -

   *JSON-P JSR 353*
   -

   *Servlet 3.1 JSR 340*
   -

   *JSF 2.2 JSR 344*
   -

   *EL 3.0 JSR 341*
   -

   *JSP 2.3 JSR 245*
   -

   *JSTL 1.2 JSR 52*
   -

   *JBatch (plus) JSR 352*
   -

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Correct. We're missing some of the lesser used, older full profile specs.
We're not intending to certify the full profile, although the plus and
plume distributions do ship with things like connectors and JMS which work
well.

Jon

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <mo...@gmail.com>.
The Web Profile, I believe.

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

Posted by African Wild Dog <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Richard.

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <mo...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <mo...@gmail.com>.
This user has asked about Java EE 8 conformance.  Below is my proposed
response.  Please review and let me know if I'm in line with public .
message on this topic.

Hi,

We are working steadily on TomEE's conformance to Jakarta EE 8. TomEE
passes more than 94% of the compliance tests and we hope to have full
compliance soon.  We are working on getting TCK results to the community so
that people know exactly which tests are failing and can focus on fixing