Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jhart98169 <Ja...@navteq.com> on 2013/06/04 21:36:26 UTC

Issues with ftp in the 2.11.0 version of camel.

I am having performance issues with the ftp component in the 2.11.0 version
of camel.

When I load the camel xml route below in 2.10.4 it downloads the files
quickly(5-10 seconds for 5 files), but in the 2.11.0 version it is really
slow(minutes for 5 files)

<routes xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
	<route id="testftp">
		<from
uri="ftp://ftp/temp?username=ftpuser&amp;password=ftpuser&amp;delay=30000&amp;delete=false&amp;idempotent=true&amp;include=.*.gz&amp;stepwise=false&amp;consumer.maxMessagesPerPoll=5&amp;eagerMaxMessagesPerPoll=false"/>
		<to uri="mock:foo" />
	</route>
</routes>

Re: Issues with ftp in the 2.11.0 version of camel.

Posted by jhart98169 <Ja...@navteq.com>.
Downgrading worked, Thanks

Re: Issues with ftp in the 2.11.0 version of camel.

Posted by jhart98169 <Ja...@navteq.com>.
I have approx. 600 files on the  ftp server.

We actually do need, to support sorting, my example was just a very simple
case showing the performance issues.

Re: Issues with ftp in the 2.11.0 version of camel.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Can you try downgrading to commons net 3.1. There is a bug in 3.2 that
was causing problems for working with some FTP servers.
But it may not be related to this issue though.

And how many files do you have on the remote FTP server?

And you can set eagerMaxMessagesPerPoll=true as you do not do any
sorting etc. So that would be faster.
You can read about this option at: http://camel.apache.org/file2

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 9:36 PM, jhart98169 <Ja...@navteq.com> wrote:
> I am having performance issues with the ftp component in the 2.11.0 version
> of camel.
>
> When I load the camel xml route below in 2.10.4 it downloads the files
> quickly(5-10 seconds for 5 files), but in the 2.11.0 version it is really
> slow(minutes for 5 files)
>
> <routes xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
>         <route id="testftp">
>                 <from
> uri="ftp://ftp/temp?username=ftpuser&amp;password=ftpuser&amp;delay=30000&amp;delete=false&amp;idempotent=true&amp;include=.*.gz&amp;stepwise=false&amp;consumer.maxMessagesPerPoll=5&amp;eagerMaxMessagesPerPoll=false"/>
>                 <to uri="mock:foo" />
>         </route>
> </routes>

Claus Ibsen