Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/13 18:09:50 UTC

[Result] [VOTE] Merge HDFS-12943 branch to trunk - Consistent Reads from Standby

This vote failed due to Daryn Sharp's veto.
The concern is being addressed by HDFS-13873. I will start a new vote once
this is committed.

Note for Daryn. Your non-responsive handling of the veto makes a bad
precedence and is a bad example of communication on the lists from a
respected member of this community. Please check your availability for
followup discussions if you choose to get involved with important decisions.

Re: [Result] [VOTE] Merge HDFS-12943 branch to trunk - Consistent Reads from Standby

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.
Agree, it isn't productive this way.

I can't seem to find it, but was there a DISCUSS thread for this branch-merge? I usually recommend addressing issues on a DISCUSS thread instead of fighting things over a VOTE.

+Vinod

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.