Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Kalluri Bharathi <ka...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2007/05/29 08:07:05 UTC

Regarding queues and preemption

Hi all,

I have a special situation here. I have two machines (one
server-cum-node,A and the other, node B). A process,X on machine A,
submits jobs to the two-node cluster. Now, my requirement is that when
A's jobs are running on A and/or B... no other job must be scheduled on
A.. in other words, A should be completely available to the jobs being
submitted by X. In case, some jobs are already running on A , they
should be preempted and tranferred to node B. However, when X is not
running (consequently, X wont submit any jobs) , any job submitted can
be run on A or on B, as is usual with a cluster.

How can I achieve this? Any idea?

Thanks,
Bharathi.