Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Uzo Madujibeya <uz...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/05 10:50:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Subject: Problem loading PHP module in Apache 2.1.8

Hi,
I have just upgraded to Apache 2.1.8 on OS X 10.4.2 and am having a
problem trying to load php. At the bottom of my httpd.conf file I
specify the following:

# PHP4 configuration
LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

and the libphp4.so module is located as specified, in the modules
folder, but when i try to start or shutdown Apache I get the
following error message:

httpd: Syntax error on line 444 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/
httpd.conf: Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp4.so into
server: Library not loaded: /Library/Apache2/lib/libaprutil-0.0.dylib
\n  Referenced from: /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp4.so\n  Reason:
image not found

What is the issue here?

beya

Re: [users@httpd] Subject: Problem loading PHP module in Apache 2.1.8

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.
>> I have just upgraded to Apache 2.1.8 on OS X 10.4.2 and am having a
>> problem trying to load php. At the bottom of my httpd.conf file I
>> specify the following:

>> What is the issue here?

The issue is that you are using a development version in which not
everything may work as expected.

Joost

Re: [users@httpd] Subject: Problem loading PHP module in Apache 2.1.8

Posted by Joshua Kogut <jm...@gmail.com>.
I think that there is possibly an issue dealing with the newer version of
apache, and the older version of the php module. Try running it in cgi mode
instead. See if that works.

On 10/5/05, Uzo Madujibeya <uz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just upgraded to Apache 2.1.8 on OS X 10.4.2 and am having a
> problem trying to load php. At the bottom of my httpd.conf file I
> specify the following:
>
> # PHP4 configuration
> LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>
> and the libphp4.so module is located as specified, in the modules
> folder, but when i try to start or shutdown Apache I get the
> following error message:
>

> httpd: Syntax error on line 444 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/
> httpd.conf: Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp4.so into
> server: Library not loaded: /Library/Apache2/lib/libaprutil-0.0.dylib
> \n Referenced from: /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp4.so\n Reason:
> image not found
>

> What is the issue here?
>
> beya

|| jmkogut ||