Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/02 21:38:11 UTC

Setting up Intellij with Bigtop

I'm trying to use Intellij with Bigtop, but running into problems.  When I go to import my bigtop code as a new project, I tell it to use bigtop/build.gradle to import the project.  It chugs along for a while reporting that it's doing various things and than throws out an error message:

Can't register given path of type 'TEST' because it's out of content root.
Content root: '/Users/gates/git/bigtop/bigtop-tests/smoke-tests/hive'
Given path: '/Users/gates/git/bigtop/bigtop-tests/test-artifacts/hive'

Anyone seen this before?  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks for any help.

Alan.

Re: Setting up Intellij with Bigtop

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
14.  I upgraded to the latest 2017 version.  I found the 2016 version useless as it ate all my CPU recalculating indexes endlessly.

Alan.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.