Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com> on 2005/11/23 18:16:36 UTC

[m2] maven-war-plugin (questions)

Hi all,
I have some trouble with the war plugin.
With the following source structure :
src/main/web/css (css files)
src/main/web/scripts (javascritpts files)
src/main/web/jsp (jsp files)
src/main/html (static html content)

With the following configuration :
<warSourceDirectory
implementation="java.io.File">${basedir}/src/main/web</warSourceDirector
y>
<webXml>${basedir}/src/main/resources/war/web.xml</webXml>
<webappDirectory
implementation="java.io.File">${basedir}/webappdir/OTAStats</webappDirec
tory>

The generated webapp is :
${basedir}/webappdir/OTAStats/css (ok)
${basedir}/webappdir/OTAStats/scripts (ok)
${basedir}/webappdir/OTAStats/jsp (not good my index.jsp is not in the
correct directory)
${basedir}/webappdir/OTAStats/html (not good too)

My proposal is to add in the mojo (AbstractWarMojo) :
jspSourceDirectory/jspOutputDirectory and the same for css, scripts and
html.

Note in an other use case, the html content is provided by an other
artifact.

Furthermore, I didn't find any way to add resources (as struts-config
files and so on) in the generated WEB-INF directory.
maybe, I didn't search enough ;-)

If this doesn't exists, I propose to add something :
<webInfContentFolders>
  <webInfContentFolder
implementation="java.io.File">src/main/resources/struts</webInfContentFo
lder>
  <webInfContentFolder
implementation="java.io.File">src/main/resources/tiles</webInfContentFol
der>
</webInfContentFolders>

I have created the issue : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1669
Let me know if this interest some because It's easy to implement and I
can provide a patch.

Thanks,
- Olivier

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues dans ce message ( ci apres "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destines exclusivement a l'usage de la  personne a laquelle ils sont adresses. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer a son emetteur et de le detruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressement autorisees de ce message, sont interdites.

RE : RE : [m2] maven-war-plugin (questions)

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com>.
Good idea, I prefer this more general implementation.
I try to provide a patch ASAP.

- Olivier

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.