Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Vince <vi...@indo-chine.org> on 2006/05/16 23:06:17 UTC

Fop block needs xsp ?

    Hi,

    I just downloaded and installed Cocoon 2.1.9 (on Win XP, JDK
1.5.0-beta2 by Sun) and customized local.blocks.properties to just
provide minimal FOP functionality.

     At first, I just set include.all.blocks=true and uncommented all
blocks except the 2 following ones :
#include.block.batik=false
#include.block.fop=false

    However, when trying to access FOP samples such as
http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/fop/ , I got the following error
message :

An error has occured
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Type
'serverpages' is not defined for 'generate' at
file:<...>/Cocoon/cocoon-2.1.9/build/webapp/samples/blocks/fop/sitemap.xmap:94:75

    After a bit of search, I came to the conclusion that the xsp block
is also needed for FOP (or at least its samples) to work. After I
commented the following line again, all went OK.
#include.block.xsp=false

    My guess is thus that the xsp block should be marked as a dependency
for fop, like batik is. Can someone confirm this so I file a bug,
because I admit I'm new to cocoon building

    Best regards,

		Vince.

Re: Fop block needs xsp ?

Posted by Phillip Soltan <ps...@adelphia.net>.
Vince,

Xsp is used in the samples but isn't required for FOP.

Phillip Soltan
AAA WebPro
tel: 805.484.8864
email: psoltan@aaawebpro.biz
http://www.aaawebpro.biz

Re: Fop block needs xsp ?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 5/16/06, Vince <vi...@indo-chine.org> wrote:
> ...    After a bit of search, I came to the conclusion that the xsp block
> is also needed for FOP (or at least its samples) to work..

You're right, the fop samples need the xsp block, I have fixed this in
gump.xml and blocks.properties.

Thanks for reporting this!
-Bertrand

Re: Fop block needs xsp ?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 5/17/06, Thomas Limp <li...@peppermind.de> wrote:

> ...the problem is, that the samples use the serverpages _generator_.
> fop is used for (some!?) _serializer_...

That's exactly it: the FOP samples need the serverpages generator, but
you don't need it to use FOP as a serializer.

The dependency between the fop and xsp blocks exists only for the
samples (and wasn't mentioned before I fixed it this morning).

-Bertrand

Re: Fop block needs xsp ?

Posted by Thomas Limp <li...@peppermind.de>.
hi,

since it says
> An error has occured
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Type
> 'serverpages' is not defined for 'generate' at
the problem is, that the samples use the serverpages _generator_.
fop is used for (some!?) _serializer_.
so, i guess, xsp (used as generator) is nothing
a serializer depends on.
since i'm quiet new to cocoon someone with more experience and knowledge
should confirm my guess.

best regards,

limpi