Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2018/09/23 22:13:18 UTC

ZK release mechanics update.

Hi folks, especially anyone doing releases. Apache has updated their
requirements for releases wrt checksums on the release artifact:

https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums

I've updated the "how to release" page to reflect:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToRelease+using+git

Any questions or issues please speak up.

Regards,

Patrick

Re: ZK release mechanics update.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Sorry, should have mentioned, the main change is that Apache no longer
allow md5 checksums. As such I've updated the release process to generate
SHA 256/512 checksums instead (per the Apache guidelines).

Patrick