Posted to user@aurora.apache.org by Krish <kr...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/11 04:55:48 UTC

Distinct docker jobs in .aurora

Hi,
Is there a way to specify distinct IDs to various shards of jobs? Like
specifying {{mesos.instance}} in the Job configuration in the .aurora file?

I am trying to use a custom mountpoint for instances of the same job across
a cluster and could like to name the mountpoint distinctly, so that if the
job restarts on the same machine on the cluster, it can recover state from
the appropriate folder.

I have tried using  {{mesos.instance}} and {{thermos.task_id}} in the
.aurora file.
However, they only work in the Process() and not in Job().

Thanks.

Re: Distinct docker jobs in .aurora

Posted by Krish <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maxim,
Thanks for the heads up.
Is it possible to use {{mesos.instance}} in a Job config, say, as a Docker
parameter name=volume and value=<my job>{{mesos.instance}}?

I was thinking of using an EFS mapping at a later stage to map the
containers to different storage backends. A unique name for every process
that can be consistent across process restarts will be helpful.

--
κρισhναν

Posted by Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>.