Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2008/07/14 05:14:37 UTC

new fied in CustomerRequestType?

I have a customer who wants to allocate an incoming customer request to
an employee group, to be processed.

Therefore i was thinking about to add a partyId field to the
CustomerRequestType entity. This partyId can be a group which can relate
to employees over the partyRelationship entity.

anybody any objections or a better suggestion?

Regards,
Hans

Re: new field in CustomerRequestType?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 15, 2008, at 2:28 PM, Hans Bakker wrote:

> Jacopo,
>
> what i want to be able to do is, is to list customer requests which
> need
> to be handled by a certain internal department depending on the
> customer
> request type. Can you explain how can i do this with what you propose
> below?

What I have described would be one of the many solutions for this, not
the best one probably, just the first I could think of.

> can you also tell me your objections of adding the field 'partyId' to
> the 'customer request type' entity?

It just seems to me an hack for a very customer specific requirement,
and I am not sure it is worth of a data model change.
For example, why mapping a department to a request type, and not, for
example, to the CustRequestCategory or to the customer (or its
classification)?
By the way, I don't want to be picky, it seems to me that having that
field there would be counter-intuitive but maybe it is just me...

Regards,

Jacopo

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Jacopo,

Re: new fied in CustomerRequestType?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Jacopo,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Yes sure....but depending on the type of request I need to automatically
add records to the CustRequestRole....

at creation time i can add the appropriate roles however when i want to

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hans,