Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Ayush Pandey <ay...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/05 13:08:36 UTC

Does Drill support Full-text search as in Elasticsearch

Hello everyone,
I am trying to benchmark Apache Drill Vs Elastic Search. The first question that I am trying to answer is: Whether Apache Drill supports Full-Text search as is the case with Elasticsearch.

I have dumped data in Drill in Apache Parquet format.

Re: Does Drill support Full-text search as in Elasticsearch

Posted by Saurabh Mahapatra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hey Ayush,

Just to add to what Aman said: I think the request that I have heard is a
SQL interface to Elasticsearch especially when you are joining result with
another data source like a RDMBS. Is that what you are trying to
accomplish? But the guts of the technology i.e. indexing, search, sharding
etc. is different.

Nice to see a IIT KGP email in the thread. Welcome. Are you using this for
a project at the insti?:)

Saurabh

Posted by Aman Sinha <am...@apache.org>.
Hi,