Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <su...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/17 19:59:47 UTC

Re: Changing the local jcr album storage structure in trunk

On 24 December 2010 11:17, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Subash Chaturanga <su...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all, I have updated a patch for a JIRA I created, which changes the
> > current local album storage in local jcr.I have changed the
> JCRGalleryImpl
> > and JCRAlbumImpl and AlbumAggregator accordingly by providing overloaded
> > methods for each method.
> >
> > In AlbumAggregator, it keeps Maps of local albums and remote albums
> > separately and capable of giving them even in java.util.List format and
> even
> > to give all the albums as a list. This will make less complex, local jcr
> and
> > also it is quite efficient when retrieving albums from local jcr, when we
> > have this kind of separation of albums rather than having all under same
> > level. Here we have a structure like /local/..albums   and
> > /remote/flicker/..albums   and /remote/picasa/..albums.  The only things
> > when using in this new approach is, we have to provide the album type
> when
> > doing operations with JCRGalleryImpl and JCRAlbumImpl.
> >
> > Any ideas of this approach?
> >
> > Best Regards
> > /subash
> >

> Thanks Subash, I'm with limited availability until end of month, so it
> might take me couple weeks to look at this... hopefully others on the
> community can help sooner.
>

> Currently we are having /userStore and all the local albums in the root
level of PhotArk JCR [1]
Now including remote album to root level will mess thing up and make
maintenance more harder.

In the patch PHOTARK-66 [2] Subash has changed the current Repository
structure to
/local for local albums
and /remote for remote albums
But in future we might also need userStore to be local and remote therefor I
suggest to change the structure  as
/albums/local and /albums/remote, to be more organized.

Thoughts?

[1]
http://portals.zones.apache.org:8080/webcontent/rproxy/secure/cwiki_apache/confluence/display/PHOTARKxWIKI/Repository+Structure
[2]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOTARK-66

Suho

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah
<su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently we are having /userStore and all the local albums in the root
> level of PhotArk JCR [1]
> Now including remote album to root level will mess thing up and make
> maintenance more harder.
>
> In the patch PHOTARK-66 [2] Subash has changed the current Repository
> structure to
> /local for local albums
> and /remote for remote albums
> But in future we might also need userStore to be local and remote therefor I
> suggest to change the structure  as
> /albums/local and /albums/remote, to be more organized.
>
> Thoughts?

Sounds OK.

--
Luciano Resende