Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by KNitin <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/26 23:25:59 UTC

Tracing Solr Query Execution and Performance

Hi there

  I have a few very expensive queries (atleast thats what the QTime tells
me) that is causing high CPU problems on a few nodes. Is there a way where
I can "trace" or do an "explain" on the solr query to see where it spends
more time? More like profiling on a per sub query basis?

I have tried using debug=timing as a part of the query and it gives me
stage level details (parsing, highlighting) but I need much more insights
into where a query is spending time on

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks
Nitin

Re: Tracing Solr Query Execution and Performance

Posted by KNitin <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Jack. I will file a jira then. What are the generic ways to
improve/tune a solr query if we know its expensive? Does the analysis page
help with this at all?