Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by yukon <yu...@apache.org> on 2017/09/07 07:52:22 UTC

Check List for Pull Request

Hi guys,

To help us handle pull request quickly and easily, we added a check list
for a pull request[1]:

- [x] Make sure there is a [JIRA issue](
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ROCKETMQ/issues/) filed for the
change (usually before you start working on it). Trivial changes like typos
do not require a JIRA issue. Your pull request should address just this
issue, without pulling in other changes - one PR resolves one issue.
- [ ] Format the pull request title like `[ROCKETMQ-XXX] Fix
UnknownException when host config not exist`. Each commit in the pull
request should have a meaningful subject line and body.
- [ ] Write a pull request description that is detailed enough to
understand what the pull request does, how, and why.
- [ ] Write necessary unit-test to verify your logic correction, more mock
a little better when cross module dependency exists. If the new feature or
significant change is committed, please remember to add integration-test in
[test module](https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq/tree/master/test
).
- [ ] Run `mvn -B clean apache-rat:check findbugs:findbugs
checkstyle:checkstyle` to make sure basic checks pass. Run `mvn clean
install -DskipITs` to make sure unit-test pass. Run `mvn clean test-compile
failsafe:integration-test`  to make sure integration-test pass.
- [ ] If this contribution is large, please file an [Apache Individual
Contributor License Agreement](http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas).

Hope each pull request can add this checklist in the description, and use -
[x] mark an item finished in the check list, there is a demo pull
request[2] can be your reference.

[1]. http://rocketmq.apache.org/docs/pull-request/#check-list-for-a-pr
[2]. https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq/pull/152

If you have any advice, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,
yukon

Re: Check List for Pull Request

Posted by Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Thanks yukon. Consider Github markdown syntax, we can paste code from here[1]. Another good practice for pr, we can learn from here[2].

Enjoy it :-)

[1] http://rocketmq.apache.org/docs/pull-request/#check-list-for-a-pr <http://rocketmq.apache.org/docs/pull-request/#check-list-for-a-pr>
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq-externals/pull/29 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-rocketmq-externals/pull/29>

Posted by Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org>.