Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Qiuyan Xu <qi...@mailbox.tu-berlin.de> on 2011/06/01 04:25:10 UTC

Re: error when adding generic options

It doesn't work. I took a look at $MAHOUT_HOME/bin/mahout, MAHOUT_OPTS
is only used when it's running locally. In my case it's running as
"$HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop" jar $MAHOUT_JOB $CLASS "$@". I don't find a
proper position to add the compress option.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
In that case, you must configure Hadoop the "normal" way, by editing its
configuration files in conf/. In particular I think this goes in
mapred-site.xml? Because when it is run on a cluster, your local JVM
argumetns would have no way of affecting the cluster.