Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by 苏启龙 <su...@qiyi.com> on 2018/02/26 02:37:14 UTC

Precise distinct count in hybrid cube

Hi guys,

We’re trying to use hybrid cube in our project but have some confused points on it.

Suppose our cube has a measure using distinct count, which needs global dict. When hybrid cube is enabled, the global dict is not “global” anymore, does this effect the result of the distinct count?

And are there any other limitations for hybrid cube? We could hardly see much documents on this topic.

Thanks.

Qilong

Re: Precise distinct count in hybrid cube

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Qilong,

Good point. At the moment that Hybrid was introduced, there was no Global
dictionary, so no issue across segments merges.

But now, you may not able to use Hybrid + Global dictionary, that will
cause a wrong distinct count value when the query scope across two cubes.

This should be added to the document and FAQ. Thanks for the feedback.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋