Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de> on 2005/05/06 10:07:30 UTC

Re: AW: Created Element

Ian, all,

thanks for the code. I modified it a bit and put it into our source tree.

Before I really start to use it to create timestamps in the current
implementation
I like to ask if the use of timestamps that include milliseconds would
pose any
interop problems in current deployments.

Receiving timestamps in both formats is not a problem (thanks to Ian's
code).

I would not like to support new timestamps and old ones (without
milliseconds)
in parallel during creation of timestamps. This would require yet another
configuration/deployment parameter - and we already have quite a lot of it.

Any thoughts to use the new timestamp format? Comments are highly
appreciated.

TIA.

Regards,
Werner

Re: AW: Created Element

Posted by Ian Springer <ip...@apache.org>.
Werner,

No prob, glad you were able to use it.

As far as whether you guys should include milliseconds in dateTimes you
produce, I'd think about how clients will use the timestamps and if the
added precision of milliseconds would ever be valuable to them. If so,
I'd include the milliseconds. If not, I think you could go either way.

Regards,
Ian