Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Wouter Cloetens <wc...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 2000/11/17 11:53:55 UTC

Multipart MIME (was: RE: Wouter Cloetens as Committer)

Thanks for pointing that out Kevin, having a look now.

It looks like they decided to make the content-id prefix lower case ("cid" instead of "CID"),
like my implementation already does.

I'm scratching my head about the content-location alternative now. It was in the original
specification. I skipped that bit, but it doesn't seem hard to implement.

My implementation currently does not cover references to absolute URLs, but I don't
think that's a high priority. (Seems like a bit of a security hole to me anyway - send a
message to a server and then get that server to hit a URL, or hijack a server and get its
clients to hit URLs. Great way for a DDoS attack to mask its origin).

bfn, Wouter

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:30:59 -0500, Kevin Mitchell wrote:

>w/r/t the patch, I think there is newer version of the SOAP/MIME proposal
>available at
>
>http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/John_Barton/HTTP-A/SOAPAttachments16OCT00.htm
>
>This version is dated October 9, 2000.
>
>The versions look basically the same, but there may be some subtle
>differences.

e.Service IT Architect
wcloeten@raleigh.ibm.com      Wouter Cloetens/Rochester/IBM
Tel: +1-507-286-6343   T/L 456-6343
Rochester bld 005-02 office F106 mailpoint LAV