Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Oleg V Alexeev <go...@penza.net> on 2001/06/10 19:54:17 UTC

Re[2]: template:put and get

Hello Jim,

Sunday, June 10, 2001, 8:27:25 PM, you wrote:

JR> I decided to do the second option, it works quite well. I don't like the
JR> idea of putting the while <html:img/> tag into the <template:put/> because
JR> that'd make the template file confusing for someone trying to maintain it
JR> (the image tag would never appear in the source for the included file, the
JR> developer could spend ages trying to work out what's going on)

So far we have access to the values of template placeholders only via
template:get. You can write your own tag to define registered
template placeholders as page scope beans and
access such values via bean:write tags or use it in html:img tag. I
think it will be good template mechanism enhanesment.

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                            mailto:gonza@penza.net