Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Viswanathan J <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/28 19:04:51 UTC

Hadoop-2.2.0 and Pig-0.12.0 - error "IBM_JAVA"

Hi Guys,

I'm running hadoop 2.2.0 version with pig-0.12.0, when I'm trying to run
any job getting the error as below,

*java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: IBM_JAVA*

Is this because of Java version or compatibility issue with hadoop and pig.
I'm using Java version - *1.6.0_31*

Please help me out.

Viswa.J

Re: Hadoop-2.2.0 and Pig-0.12.0 - error "IBM_JAVA"

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing this as we had the same problem, and  We are playing
with similar errors.  Starting to think that there is something overly
difficult about pig/hadoop 2.x deployment, related to which version of pig
you use .

chelsoo has helped us resolve our issue by pointing us to

hope somebody can illuminate whats actually going on with pig , hadoop 2x,
and hadoop 1x : and  why the standard pig jars dont work on 2x?

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: Hadoop-2.2.0 and Pig-0.12.0 - error "IBM_JAVA"

Posted by Viswanathan J <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Serge,

I'm using Apache hadoop distribution.

Posted by Viswanathan J <ja...@gmail.com>.