Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark <Ma...@t-online.de> on 2006/10/24 07:20:55 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Altering the Configuration f.ie

-----Original Message-----
From: jslive@gmail.com [mailto:jslive@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Joshua Slive
Sent: 23 October 2006 21:51
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Altering the Configuration f.ie

On 10/23/06, Mark Kenyon <Ma...@t-online.de> wrote:

> 2.  Insert
>
>    ErrorDocument 404 "Here is my message. "
>
> directly into the httpd.conf file.
>
> I'm not sure why this is not working. Any help much appreciated.

Forget option 1.  No need for a separate config file for something this
simple.

I was just seeing if I could get it to work. I take your point obviously.

What browser are you using?  Did you read the note in the
ErrorDocument documentation that tells you that MSIE ignores error
messages that are "too small"?

No I was using Konqueror on SUSE Linux. Thanks for the info though.

Joshua.