Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by support <su...@oriensoft.com> on 2001/06/12 20:21:32 UTC

Please Help !!!

Dear Sir,

I have Tomcat 3.2 with IIS 5.0 on windows2000 server, now the probem is that
the isapi redirector doesnt seem to be working i.e i cannot access the
http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html . I have went through the FAQ's
everything is done according to it after many tries i have come to the last
error which is given in "troubleshooting" . Given below are the steps i have
done.

Configuring the ISAPI Redirector
  1.. In the registry, create a new registry key named
  "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\1.0"
  2.. Add a string value with the name extension_uri and a value of
/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
  3.. Add a string value with the name log_file and a value pointing to
where you want your log file to be (for example
c:\jakarta-tomcat\logs\isapi.log).
  4.. Add a string value with the name log_level and a value for your log
level (can be debug, info, error or emerg).
  5.. Add a string value with the name worker_file and a value which is the
full path to your workers.properties file (for example
c:\jakarta-tomcat\conf\workers.properties)
  6.. Add a string value with the name worker_mount_file and a value which
is the full path to your uriworkermap.properties file (for example
c:\jakarta-tomcat\conf\uriworkermap.properties)
  7.. Using the IIS management console, add a new virtual directory to your
IIS/PWS web site. The name of the virtual directory must be jakarta. Its
physical path should be the directory where you placed isapi_redirect.dll
(in our example it is c:\jakarta-tomcat\bin\win32\i386). While creating this
new virtual directory assign it with execute access.
  8.. Using the IIS management console, add isapi_redirect.dll as a filter
in your IIS/PWS web site. The name of the filter should reflect its task (I
use the name jakarta), its executable must be our
c:\jakarta-tomcat\bin\win32\i386\isapi_redirect.dll. For PWS, you'll need to
use regedit and add/edit the "Filter DLLs" key under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters. This
key contains a "," separated list of dlls ( full paths ) - you need to
insert the full path to isapi_redirect.dll.
  9.. Restart IIS (stop + start the IIS service), make sure that the jakarta
filter is marked with a green up-pointing arrow.
  Windows NT/2000: note that the stop/start feature of the Microsoft
Management Console does not actually stop and start the IIS service. You
need to use the services control panel (or the net command) to stop and
start the "World Wide Web Publishing Service".

Then examined the last line in the IIS log file in found in
SYSTEM/LogFiles/W3SVC1

Which is showing me the following error
GET "/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll" is 200
also i have checked the "execute" permissions for the virtual directory
jakarta....

I hope you have got my problem .Please guide me if you have gone thru this
error....

With Regards
Milind.