Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/24 12:44:30 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Disable conversion between TIMESTAMP and Long in parameters and results of UDXs

Hi,

+1 to disable it in 1.10. I think it's time to disable and correct the
behavior now.

Also cc'ed user mailing list to have broader audiences.

Best,
Jark

Posted by Zhenghua Gao <do...@gmail.com>.
Since it is unanimously agreed that we should disable conversion between
Timestmap and
long in parameters and results of UDXs, in PR [1] we will disable it in
blink planner. And we
will add a release note in FLINK-14599 [2] of this incompatible
modification.

<https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/10268>

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/10268

*Best Regards,*