Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Daniel Schulze <da...@softwarebuero.de> on 2000/06/08 15:11:10 UTC

Slide and Prowler

Hi Remy,
hi Folks

I am charged with providing WebDAV ability to Prowler (http://www.infozone-group.org).

I thought of a WebDAV server which does the HTTP stuff and directs the XML via an adapter to Prowler.
To not reinvent the wheel It would be great to have a lonestanding WebDAV
server which provides a simple API for communicating with the adapter (I need
the kind of request, headers et cetera and its XML body all the logic should be
done by Prowler respective the adapter).

I tried building Slide last week, but it didnt work :(  but I will keep trying!

I ve seen that Slide will do all the logic WebDAV needs but I only would need
the HTTP connector which talks WebDAV for the outworld and provides this simple
API.  Because I didnt yet fully understand the architecture of Slide and to not
walk through all the code that is with the Slide package (and all dependent
ones) my question is:
Is there a way to extract what I need from Slide and where will I find it?

Thank You

Daniel