Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com> on 2005/12/06 22:08:06 UTC

Re: [OT] Open source reporting tool in java

Take a look at Datavision:

http://datavision.sourceforge.net/

It's not *quite* as powerful as Jasper and some others, but it is about as
simple as can be to integrate and work with, and does have some nice
capabilities others may not (for instance, formulas use the BSF, so any
BSF-supported language can be used to write formulas).  The pie charts and
graphs, IIRC, are not built-in functions, you would probably have to play
some games to add that capability.

FYI, I wrote an article some time ago showing how to integrate it into a
webapp.  The basic idea is exactly the same in a Struts app, and I myself
have used this in two Struts apps with great success.  Here's a link to
the article if Datavision looks like a good fit for you:

http://www.omnytex.com/adticles

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect